Innumerable traditional South Tyrolean handcraft businesses and merchants offer a huge selection of products and look forward to your visit! Be it on a shopping tour
- through the pedestrian zone in Silandro,
- the farmer's market at Juval Castle,
- the village centre of Naturno,
- the “Herilu” shopping centre in Laces,
- under the arbours in Merano,
- or when purchasing a museum souvenir in the village centre of laces,
no wish will remain unfulfilled! South Tyrolean specialties
The most known specialty from South Tyrol. Extraordinary in taste, and unmistakable its appearance. South Tyrolean bacon - a lightly smoked ham, which matures for a minimum of 22 weeks.
Discover the variety of South Tyrolean wines: Lagrein, Gewürztraminer, Vernatsch, excellent red wines and awarded white wines. We have compiled a list recommending wines from Val Venosta.
(local crispbread) The real South Tyrolean Schüttelbrot consists almost entirely of the crust, is very crunchy and is served with South Tyrolean bacon, smoked sausages, cheese, wine and also as a snack.
Only the best, hand-selected fruits like hearty apricots from Val Venosta, aromatic raspberries and fruity peaches or berries from Val Martello are processed to tasty jams. ORGANIC products & Natural beauty products:
Organic products from Val Venosta derive from guaranteed organic production. Try organic honey, bread, teas and organic cosmetics from South Tyrolean herbs, medicinal plants and natural substances. Available at the farmer's market at Juval Castle or in the Kräuterschlössl (Herbs Castle) in Coldrano.
Markets in the surroundings
Everywhere in South Tyrol, traditional markets, weekly markets, farmer’s markets and handcrafts markets are organised almost daily.
Fruits, vegetables, dairy products, pastries, clothing, shoes, leather goods...
Markets in Bolzano
- Tuesday: Prato allo Stelvio
- Wednesday: Malles
- Thursday: Silandro
- Friday Market in Merano
- Saturday: Naturno
- Every day there's a fruit market in the city centre
- Weekly Saturday Market at Piazza della Vittoria (Siegesplatz) square
- Every first weekend of the month: Handcrafts market at Piazza del Grano (Kornplatz) square